How many times have you planned New Years Resolutions?
Have they worked for you?
Maybe you need to take one step back and consider the following points.
One or more of these points could be the barrier to your success.
Everyone is scared of change, the path to change can be a challenge. Set achievable goals and break your goals down into small achievable steps. Even if you improve 1% a day you have succeeded.
LETTING THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS CONTROL YOUR LIFE
- It’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts.
- You have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.
THE SHAME OF PAST FAILURES
- Your past does not equal your future.
- All that matters is what you do right now.
BEING INDECISIVE ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT
- You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
- Make a decision to decide what you want, and then pursue it passionately.
PROCRASTINATING ON GOALS THAT MATTER TO YOU
- Set your goal and go after it. Don’t overthink or analyse your goals. Start small and you will achieve more
YOUR NEED TO BE RIGHT
- Aim for success but never give up your right to be wrong…
- If you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things & move forward with your life.
RUNNING FROM PROBLEMS THAT SHOULD BE FIXED
- Stop running!
- Face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and LOVE the people in your life who deserve it.
MAKING EXCUSES FOR PAST FAILURES
- Most long-term failures are the result of people making excuses for their past failures
- Turn these excuses into reasons and this will allow you to move forward
OVERLOOKING THE POSITIVE POINTS IN YOUR LIFE
- What you see often depends entirely on what you are looking for.
- You will have a hard time ever being happy if you are not thankful for the good things in your life right now.
NOT APPRECIATING THE PRESENT MOMENT
- Too often we try to accomplish our goals without stopping to notice the little things that make us happy in the present moment
CHOOSING TO DO NOTHING
- Don’t choose to ignore setting New Years Resolutions because you have failed previously or are scared of failing.
- Set your goals and follow these tips, some will give you support and encouragement
Good luck pursuing your goals for 2023 and all the best. Send me an email on your progress or leave a comment.